Thursday, June 4, 2015

ALTERNATIVE ASSIGNMENT


I consider myself a very active person. I have been going to gyms for many years and I fully understand the benefits of it. Before I started working out heavily I found it hard to maintain my weight and I was tired all the time, like a weight was pressing on me all the time. Now, after four years of working out, I feel great! I have loads of energy and sleep very well at night. It is not easy going to the gym when I have a lot of homework, or my friends want me to do something else, but I have promised myself that I will do four full work-outs a week. I start with 30 minutes of aerobic exercise with a steady heart rate of 170. Then I do weight training and stretching for another thirty minutes. It is really hard doing this, and I very often try to talk myself out of it, but I always make myself go. The result is I look and feel a lot better, and I can study much more effectively after I have worked out; I just feel so energized and refreshed after a work-out. It’s my drug of choice, and I hope I never stop using it.


Medina’s research is completely in line with what I have myself experienced. Since I started working out, my overall healthy and strength have really improved, and I have seen my grades improve, too. As humans, we hunted and gathered for thousands of years, and then farmed for thousands more. The sedentary life we live is something pretty new so it seems that is common sense that we should move our bodies. I can’t for a moment  think how anyone could be a fat, lazy lay-about. It must hurt!

For me, my exercise program is going very well. I have been doing it for five years now, and I have steadily increased my work-out. I run faster, at a higher incline all the time. For next year, I am planning to just keep doing what I am doing, that is slowly and steadily increasing my work-outs. I don’t want to be a body builder or anything, but I do enjoy looking fit and feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment